House Movers Greensboro, NC
Whether your next move is across town, down the street, or out of state, moving takes a lot of work. With our expertise in residential moving, our Greensboro movers can help keep your move as stress-free as possible. Our home movers are highly trained to ensure our moves are done safely, efficiently, and professionally. Working with locally-owned Marathon Moving Company you can rest easy knowing relocating will not be a nightmare. Our reputable team of local movers understands we aren’t just moving boxes of stuff, we are moving families and their memories.
Why Choose Marathon Moving Company for House Moving?
At Marathon Moving Company, we are not just movers from anywhere. Our home movers and packers live in your local community. We are proud to serve the neighborhoods we share with the families we serve. We know Greensboro and the rest of the Piedmont Triad Area, making it easy for us to provide a quick, accurate quote and reliable service.
Aside from knowing the area well, our moving service focuses on safely transporting your belongings and valuables to your new home. We use the highest quality moving supplies to ensure everything arrives in the same condition it was when it left. We have built our reputation on delivering the best quality moving services at affordable rates. Our goal for every move is to make the relocation memorable for all the right reasons while leaving our customers feeling 100% satisfied with our moving services.
Our home movers services include:
- Local moves
- Long distance moves
- Packing & unpacking services
- In-house moves
- Secure storage
- Moving boxes, supplies, and packing materials
Whether you are moving from a high-rise apartment, a single-family house, or a stately mansion, our professional movers will be able to help you with your move. To get started, request a free quote today.
Tips To Prepare For Your Home Move in the Piedmont Triad
When it comes to a hassle-free move, having a moving plan is key. By effectively planning your move, you will prevent the unexpected while keeping stress at a minimum come moving day. All of our moving and storage services begin with a consultation to create a custom moving plan that ensures all of your moving needs are taken care of. To help you get started with carefully planning your big move, we have included some moving tips for your moving checklist:
60 Days Before The Move
- Begin by hiring Marathon Moving Company as your residential moving company. We can book up fast during any season of the year, so it is always best to get on the schedule as soon as possible. To book your home moving services, you can contact us online or call us at (336) 295-1255.
- Research the community you are moving to by looking into schools, doctors, hospitals, grocery stores, local events, etc. This will help you know as much as possible before you move.
- Start a binder or folder to keep everything moving related such as estimates, receipts, and any other important paperwork. Take photos of any high-ticket items and take note of any existing scratches, dings, or damage to your furniture and keep this information in the binder so everything is in one place.
- Ask family, friends, and neighbors if they have any extra moving supplies or boxes that you can start collecting to use for the move. If you need additional packing supplies, we are more than happy to provide them for you.
- Get the packing process started by going through your closets first. Donate any clothes you no longer need or want. Once you complete all the closets, start assessing the rest of your home room by room. If possible, start with a room that you rarely use or items that are seasonal. If you have a lot of household items or valuables you don’t intend to take with you, consider having a garage sale and use the money to help pay for the move. Or you could find a worthy cause to donate the items to.
- If you have children, notify their old and new school to have school records transferred and make plans to help them have a smooth transition.
- If you have pets, ensure they are up-to-date on their vaccines and request their medical records to be transferred if you have to switch vets.
- Stay ahead of the game and contact your insurance to have your home (and auto) policies transferred to your new address.
30 Days Before The Move
- If you haven’t already started, begin packing little by little so you don’t have to rush packing everything the week before you move. Label your boxes so it is clear where the box will go in the new home. Additionally, where necessary, include labels such as “fragile” or “load last” on the boxes with valuables and antiques to make it easier on the movers and the unloading process.
- Start an inventory list that you will compare against our moving list to ensure nothing will be lost during the move. By doing this, you will also have a better idea of how much moving insurance you may need.
- Create a plan for where things will go in your new home.
- Arrange time-off with your employer if your move will require you to miss a day or two of work. Also, arrange child and/or pet care for the day of the move. You don’t want to be on the hunt for a babysitter at the last minute.
- Contact any utility, cable, or internet companies to have your services disconnected from your current home and transferred/reconnected at your new residence.
- Visit your local post office or visit their website to request a change of address form. While you are at it, you should give a change of address to your bank, doctors, dentists, cell phone companies, credit card companies, your employer(s), newspaper or magazine subscriptions, schools, family and friends, etc.
14 Days Before The Move
- Make arrangements to have both the new and old home cleaned as well as any painting, carpet cleaning, or any service that will be easier to complete before you move in.
- Organize your important documents such as passports, deeds, bank and financial statements, wills, etc. If possible, make electronic copies as back-ups in case the originals are misplaced during the move.
- If there are items that are especially valuable (such as jewelry or family heirlooms), gather them and keep them separate from everything else the movers and packers will be moving for safekeeping.
- If you have kids, this is a good time to start preparing them for the move. Keep them engaged in the process so it is easier for them to understand. Moving into a new home can be confusing for children.
7 Days Before The Move
- Pack any items you haven’t already packed. The week before you move is typically the most stressful so make it easier on yourself by not putting things off until the last minute.
- Disassemble any computers or gaming systems you have. Make sure all important files are backed up properly before disconnecting.
- Take the time to dispose of any hazardous or flammable materials such as paint or chemicals that cannot be transported.
- Plan easy, quick meals you can make to use up any remaining food, especially in your refrigerator. The less food you need to transport to the new home, the better.
- Speak with your real estate agent to confirm all details for closing on your new home. Also, double-check with your utility companies to ensure your utilities will be turned on properly before you move in.
- Gather any keys, garage door openers, alarm codes, and warranties to hand over to the new owner or their real estate agent at the closing.
- Prepare a moving day bag with items you will need immediately at your new home such as toilet paper, towels, spare clothes, trash bags, snacks, and bottled water to help you survive the moving day.
- Double check your childcare and pet care plans are still in place.
- Make a list of your phone number, moving address, and detailed directions for your Marathon Moving Company movers.
- Ensure the refrigerator is emptied out and cleaned with baking soda to remove any odors.
- Stop by the ATM to make sure you have cash on hand for any last minute purchases.
- In the new home, label doors and tape out layouts so the movers know where things should go within the new home when they arrive with your belongings.
- Lastly, but not least, take the time to celebrate the memories you and your family have made in your current home and look forward to appreciating all the new things to come in your new residence.
Greensboro Home Movers You Can Count On
Are you ready to start planning your move into the home of your dreams? Let us help you with our long distance moving services and local moving services with affordable moving costs. We are here and ready to help with your long-distance moving or local moving needs! Contact us today to request your free quote for your moving estimate and begin your move to your new home.